Most brides opt for subtle wedding colours and wouldn’t go for bright, daring colours like the ones shown in this colour combo! For some reason teal and cherry red seems to have been overlooked by South African brides, where as in America, it’s been a long-standing winning colour combination.
I love the freshness that this combo brings, and paired with white, it really does make a statement. It works beautifully in just about any setting - but I can imagine it looking most striking at a beach wedding, accenting the natural hues of the natural background.
If you’re thinking of doing something different, then be bold and think teal and cherry red for your wedding.
Nifty ideas to incorporate with this colour combo
- Have wooden letters cut out to form different words with it. Paint these teal and red and spell out words such as love, happiness and joy. These can make unusual centrepieces or can be used as table names instead of numbers.
- The latest trend is for the bride to dye her wedding shoes in her chosen wedding colour. This idea makes for great, fun photos. (A besides that, you get to wear your wedding shoes again and again.) Companies such as Catherine's Bridal import a special range of satin bridal shoes that are fully dyable. Perfect for this fun idea.
- Ask your florist to wrap your bouquet in a broad white satin ribbon, and adorn it with cute red and teal buttons for that personalised touch.
- Create a candy buffet by using blue, red and white candy canes.
- Incorporate red and teal in your pre-drink cocktails.
- Wedding stationery companies are always open to new ideas. Why not ask them to do something similar to the picture we found? Asking your guests to “write down” your wedding date. Great save the date idea! Get a quote from any of our Wedding Stationery suppliers for this unique idea. Perfect Day Wedding Stationers
Flowers for this colour combo
- Calla Lillies
for Perfect Day - The South African Wedding Directory
Heart Garland: Shelley Berelli
, Bridesmaids: Itialian Lakes
, Mini cakes, favours & Place setting, Bouquet with button detail, Candy: Creative Designs Weddings
, Red Shoes: La Petite Coquin
, Buttonhole, Love words; Cocktails: The Perfect Palette
, Stationery: Polkadot Bride
, Red Rose Bouquet: Flower Studio
, Gerberas: Weddingbee
, Hydrangea: Wedding Come True