The idea of including pets in your wedding day might sound like a fun and different idea, however, don't be fooled by the amount of planning that needs to happen to make sure it's stress and embarresing free.
Consider the following things
- Make sure your guests are comfortable with the fact that a pet will be included. Don't forget that some guests might have allergies to pet hair.
- Ask permission at your ceremony venue that pets are allowed.
- Decide on the role your pet will play at the wedding.
- Practice with your pet at the ceremony location often so it purely becomes routine on the day of the wedding.
- Designate someone to watch your pet during the ceremony so you can focus all your attention at the service.
- Be flexible. No matter how well behaved your pet is during rehearsal, it might just react the other way on the wedding day. Make sure you have a plan B.
- Ensure there are no hazards which might harm your pet such as poisenous plants.
- Don't forget to book an appointment with your pet groomer so he or she can look it's best.
There are lots of ways to involve furry (or feathered) friends in your celebration, whether in a formal role as ring bearers or flower dogs, for example or simply as honored guests.
for Perfect Day - The South African Wedding Directory